Sunday, May 22, 2011

Just add water...Vintage Seed Packets

I'm currently working on rebranding bluehour studio.  This is everything from my creating my professional website, redoing my blog banner, making business cards and pretty much trying to rethink anything and everything business wise.

Basically, I've been looking at a lot of vintage stuff. And I've been getting really inspired by the beauty of Victorian ephemera. It is (mostly) hand drawn and has the most amazing printing techniques. The colors are incredible and very rich and lively.  I just adore the way the simplest of things were so thought out and so beautifully illustrated. The typography blows me away. It is mostly hand drawn and never boring...Here are some amazing examples I found of fully illustrated seed packets.


!9th Century Seeda via Creative Country Mom Blog

Mr. Carrot via VoxBox
Radish packet via HeyBambini blog
Lovely Delphiniums via Vintage Indie
Packets on Packets via Artenzie
I love the strangeness of this one...via free scrapbooking supplies blog
Oddly odd Goards...via BoingBoing
Lovely guide via Some like it Pretty
Another pretty guide with a warranty from the queen...via Jamaica Byles

Lovely, don't you think?

2 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

Since I referenced your blog posting today, I thought you might like to see my blog with more seed packets. Here is the link:
http://nancymccarroll.blogspot.com/2011/06/vintage-seed-packet-images.html

PS. I am now following you; you do good work!
Nancy

Unknown said...

Thanks Nancy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...